Currently, construction is projected to last until mid-November, depending on weather and work progress.
Work Completed Previously
· Resident Open House to discuss project – Thanks to all of those that attended.
· Message Boards installed to provide information of the upcoming project.
· Traffic control barrels, signs, and barricades set-up
· Saw-cutting of pavement
· Installation of erosion control devices
· Construction layout
· Pavement removal started
Work Anticipated to be completed, April 3rd to April 7th
· Start water main installation, starting at Golf Road and working north.
Construction work has started on the project and traffic control is set up. At this time, there are center lane closures on the south end of Harlem Avenue near Golf Road that will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
During working hours (7 AM to 7 PM), additional lane closures will occur to allow for the construction operations. The contractor will provide flaggers to direct traffic around the work zone.
At this time, there is not a detour established around Harlem Avenue. Northbound and southbound traffic is allowed. Please use caution when driving through the construction zone and be aware of your surroundings.
On Monday morning, starting at 9:00 AM, a schedule water main shut-down is planned along Harlem Avenue from Golf Road to MacArthur Drive. All residents effected by the shut-down were notified via door hanger by the Village of Glenview Water Department.