· Installed water main through intersection of Harlem Avenue & Glenview Road.
· Continued to install water main south of Glenview Road to Dewes Street
· Continued to install water main on the south portion of the project from Colfax Avenue to Culver Lane
· Installed tee and valve at intersection of Colfax Avenue and Nora Avenue in preparation for water main installation in that area.
· Performed necessary testing and acquiring needed approvals prior to performing water service replacements from Colfax Avenue to Golf Road
· Potholing / locating of existing underground utilities prior to water service replacement via directional drill methods.
Work Anticipated to be completed, April 24th to April 28th
· Continue with water main installation on north portion of the project from Dewes Street to Linneman Street
· Perform necessary testing of installed water main from Glenview Road to Dewes Street
· Continue with water main installation on south portion of the project from Culver Lane to Robincrest Lane
· Perform pavement patching of aggregate trenches with asphalt
· Water service replacements from Golf Road to Colfax Avenue
Harlem Avenue / Glenview Road Intersection Improvements
Thank you for all your patience and understanding regarding traffic delays and water shut-downs as the work was performed within the intersection.
Water Main Installation and Water Service Replacements
The contractor will continue to use two crews to install the water main from the north and south portions of the project. This will definitely speed-up the overall project, but does cause traveling along Harlem Avenue more difficult.
The contractor will begin water service replacements between Golf Road and Colfax Avenue. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
The water services will be directionally drilled under the existing pavement. In order to for this work to be performed, the contractor will be setting up equipment on your lawns and need to park equipment in your driveways. In order to minimize and potential damage, the equipment will be placed on sheets to wood. The contractor will notify you prior to any driveway access restricts and will restore any damage to the lawns.
Thanks again for all your patience as you deal with living and traveling through a busy construction area.