· Pavement removal along Harlem Avenue from Golf Road to near Colfax Avenue
· New 12-inch water main installation along Harlem Avenue from Golf Road to Colfax Avenue
· Installation of new valve along Dewes Street near Patten House
· Pavement removal along Glenview Road and Harlem Avenue
Work Anticipated to be completed, April 17th to April 21st
· Glenview Road / Harlem Avenue Intersection Improvements start Monday, April 17th.
· Continue 12-inch water main installation along Harlem Avenue heading north from Colfax Avenue
· Install 8-inch water main along Colfax Avenue from Harlem Avenue to Nora Avenue
· Perform necessary testing of new water main prior to placing into service from Golf Road to MacArthur Drive
Harlem Avenue / Glenview Road Intersection Improvements
Starting on Monday morning (April 17th) the contractor will begin working in the intersection of Glenview Road and Harlem Avenue. EXPECT MAJOR DELAYS.
It is anticipated the work in the intersection will take 2 days, Monday April 17th and Tuesday April 18th. On Monday, April 17th, a southbound detour of Harlem Avenue / Lehigh Avenue will be in-place. Southbound traffic will be directed to Washington Street at the north side of the Metra Parking Lot.
On Tuesday, April 18th, a detour will not be in-place; however, traffic will be controlled using flaggers at the intersection of Glenview Road and Harlem Avenue.
We are requesting residents and commuters to use alternates routes and allow for extra time getting through the intersection.
Harlem Avenue from Harrison Street to Golf Road
TRAVEL DELAYS EXPECTED TO INCREASE.
The contractor will continue to install water main along Harlem Avenue, they will be working primarily between Harrison Street and Golf Road. As the contractor continues to move north, the roadway gets narrower and provides less space for working and traveling cars. The contractor will continue to use flaggers to direct traffic around the work area, but we do expect an increase in travel delays in this area.
The contractor will begin work to prepare for water service installations from Golf Road to McArthur Drive. Work will include locating of existing utilities in the roadway and parkway. We anticipate water service replacements to begin the week of April 24th.
The contractor is also anticipating to install the new 8-inch water main along Colfax Avenue from Harlem Avenue to Nora Avenue.
As always, please use caution when driving through the construction zone and be aware of your surroundings.
Thanks again for your patience and understanding as work continues along Harlem Avenue.