· Water Main installation continued north to Linneman Street
· Made connections to existing water main at ITW site and McArthur Drive.
· Performed required testing and received necessary approvals to place water main into service from ITW property to Culver Lane
· Installed water main along Colfax Avenue to Nora Avenue
· Installed asphalt pavement patching along project site.
· Began water service replacements from ITW property to Culver Lane.
Work Anticipated to be completed, May 8th to May 12th
· Continue to install new water main to side streets from Culver Lane to Linneman Street
· Continue to install fire hydrants from Culver Lane to Linneman Street.
· Continue with water main installation from Linneman Street to Dewes Street.
· Water service replacements from northern ITW property to Culver Lane.
A majority of the temporary asphalt patching has been completed along Harlem Avenue. This will provide a smoother driving surface reduce the amount of dust.
Water service replacements will continue next week from the north end of the ITW property to Culver Lane. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
The water services will be directionally drilled under the existing pavement. In order to for this work to be performed, the contractor will be setting up equipment on your lawns and need to park equipment in your driveways. In order to minimize and potential damage, the equipment will be placed on sheets to wood. The contractor will notify you prior to any driveway access restricts and will restore any damage to the lawns.
Thanks again for all your patience during construction.