Work Completed, May 15th to May 19th
· Main line water main installation completed except for block between Henley Street and Dewes Street
· Installed new water main along Colfax Avenue from Nora Avenue to Harlem Avenue
· Water service replacements completed from Golf Road to Culver Lane
· Perform necessary testing and received approvals to place water main into service from Culver Lane to Palmgren Drive and along Colfax Avenue.
· Replaced water service to strip mall located at Harlem Avenue and Glenview Road
· Continued installing temporary asphalt patching over water main trench.
Work Anticipated to be completed, May 22nd to May 26th
· Complete main line water main between Henley Street and Dewes Street
· Perform necessary testing and receive required approvals for water main from Dewes Street to Palmgren Drive
· Continue to perform water service replacements from Culver Lane to Palmgren Drive
· Abandon existing water main that is no longer is service
· Continue installing temporary asphalt over stone trenches.
· Begin permanent concrete base patching from Golf Road going north
Temporary asphalt trench paving will continue to be perform which will provide a smoother driving surface and reduce the amount of dust.
Water service replacements will continue next week. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
The water services will be directionally drilled under the existing pavement. In order to for this work to be performed, the contractor will be setting up equipment on your lawns and need to park equipment in your driveways. In order to minimize and potential damage, the equipment will be placed on sheets to wood. The contractor will notify you prior to any driveway access restricts and will restore any damage to the lawns.
We understand the dust has been a major concern for the residents living along the project site. Please be assured the Village takes these concerns very seriously and is working with the contractor to resolve the situation as best as possible. Temporary asphalt paving will continue to be performed along with adding water / sweeping the road to control the dust.
Thanks again for your patience during the construction process.