· Continued to install water main from Culver Lane to Robincrest Lane
· Performed necessary testing and acquiring needed approvals prior to placing water main into service from Glenview Road to Dewes Street
· Replaced water services from Golf Road to north end of ITW property on west side of Harlem
· Began installing temporary asphalt over aggregate trenches
Work Anticipated to be completed, May 1st to May 5th
· Continue with water main installation from Robincrest Lane to Dewes Street
· Perform necessary testing of installed water main from north end of ITW property to Culver Lane
· Continue with pavement patching of aggregate trenches with temporary asphalt
· Perform hydrant removals and abandonments of existing water main no longer in service
· Connect to existing water main at McArthur Drive and ITW property
The contractor has dropped down to one crew installing water main at this time.
The contractor also will not have a water service crew working at the beginning of next week because all services that can be replaced at this time have been completed. The contractor will continue perform the necessary testing and receive the required approvals to continue installing water services to the north.
The contractor has started and will continue to install temporary asphalt within the aggregate trenches. As this work is performed, the amount of the dust will be greatly reduced and the road will be better riding. This asphalt is only temporary until the permanent patching and resurfacing occurs later in the summer.
As water services do continue, they will start at the north end of the ITW property and work north to Culver Lane. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
The water services will be directionally drilled under the existing pavement. In order to for this work to be performed, the contractor will be setting up equipment on your lawns and need to park equipment in your driveways. In order to minimize and potential damage, the equipment will be placed on sheets to wood. The contractor will notify you prior to any driveway access restricts and will restore any damage to the lawns.
Thanks for your patience in dealing with the dust and increased travel times. Please be assured the Village and contractor are committed to ensuring the work is being completed as quickly as possible reducing the amount of dust along the roadway.