· Connections to existing water mains on side streets on-going.
· Completed testing and received necessary approvals to place water main into service from Palmgren Drive to Dewes Street.
· Installed temporary asphalt patching over trenches
· Performed permanent asphalt patching in intersection of Glenview Road and Harlem Avenue.
Work Anticipated to be performed, June 5th to June 9th
· Complete connections to existing water mains on side streets
· Perform water service replacements from Palmgren Drive to Dewes Street
· Abandon existing water main that is no longer in service
· Storm sewer improvements.
· Begin concrete curb & gutter replacement as needed on the west side of Harlem Avenue. Starting at the Golf Road and working north.
Water service replacements will continue next week. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
The water services will be directionally drilled under the existing pavement. In order to for this work to be performed, the contractor will be setting up equipment on your lawns and need to park equipment in your driveways. In order to minimize and potential damage, the equipment will be placed on sheets to wood. The contractor will notify you prior to any driveway access restricts and will restore any damage to the lawns.
The contractor is expected to begin concrete curb & gutter replacement in areas identified on the west side of Harlem Avenue next week. During this time, some driveways will have restricted access if new curb & gutter will be installed through the driveway. Residents will be notified via a hand-delivered letter from the Village detailing when all vehicles will need to be out of the driveway and when access will be restored.
Thank you for all your patience dealing with the various water shut-downs as connections have been made over the past several weeks. Thank you in advance to those residents that will be without driveway access during concrete curb & gutter or sidewalk replacement.